Saturday, December 2, 2006

Saturday December 2nd 2006


In true holiday spirits I sat down and did my "Christmas meets rock and roll"-decoration for our coffeetable. I wanted a bit of an enchanted forrest feeling and with the little electric lights in the moss it turned out pretty darn well, if I'm to say so myself. I probably won't want to put it away after Christmas. Should be interesting to see if it'll be an all year decoration instead.
Today we went out to the local mall to see if we could find some Christmas presents. It's amazing how big a difference there is from when I was a little girl. Back then the lists of wishes went on and on and on. From games, to toys, to cds, to clothes.. where did the creativity go? Maybe it is in fact so that the older we get, the less the presents actually mean to us. It becomes more important to see how our loved ones appriciate and love what we buy them. I still remember back when I was little how sad I felt every year that my parents didn't get as many presents as us. I'd sometimes even feel a little guilty. But they were always happy no matter what - happy because we were happy I guess. That's the whole spirit of this time for me. I'm not a religious person, so this time of year is about celebrating family and love. A beautiful time indeed.
Time to turn on all the little lights in my tiny enchanted forrest and enjoy the peace and quiet of this Saturday. Have a great one everyone!
D <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D, I love your Christmas Meets Rock And Roll decoration!
Well done :D

*hugs* Y.

Visitor Map