Friday, December 8, 2006

Friday December 8th 2006

With Christmas just around the corner I decided that today I was going to bake some good old Christmas cookies. So thanks to Marianne I was provided with a good recipe and spent a while this afternoon baking. As you can see my cookie mould is a very rugged looking, crooked legged, hairy man - so basically I made a lot of little Robin Williamses. Not having tasted Robin Williams I'd still like to claim that my cookies are far tastier though. I think Johan might back me up.. not that he tasted Robin Williams either. Oh my.. I'm sidetracking.
Apart from the cookie baking today was very quiet and relaxed. We did a bit of laundry this afternoon and I had a chat with my mum on the phone. Can't wait to come over and see them all for Christmas. I'll book my trainticket one of these next days and that means that this time I will travel over to Århus in style. Normally it's train/bus/ferry/bus basically, but this time it's directly off to Kastrup airport with one train and then change to a direct train to Århus. This will be the first time I try that so there's something to look forward to in the spirit of finding everything interesting even down to it's smallest points. Whichever way I get there I'm just excited to get to go over and see my family and then have Johan come over too. Will be great to have some days in Århus together and maybe relive some old memories, like going out for dinner at Italia or maybe we'll go see a film at CineMaxx or something. It still at times feels like it was hundreds of years since he used to come and visit me there, when in real life it was just earlier this year. Crazy, isn't it? In a few weeks it'll be 2007. Are you ready? Now is the time to line up the New Year's resolutions and start making promises to ourselves. "This year I will lose the extra weight", "this year I will quit smoking", "this year I'll stop listening to Barry Manilow records" - whatever. There are so many promises in the air and we hardly ever do what we promise ourselves. So this year, I'm boycotting resolutions. I can do without. And if I have to promise myself anything it'll be something like "live everyday, love everyday, cherish everyday" because that I can live by forever and ever.
Rock on people and hug each other, the world is short on hugs
D <3

1 comment:

Leila said...

I will never stop listening to Barry Manilow records, especially since I'm named after one of his songs. :p
Those cookies look yummy btw, gimme gimme? :D
/Lola xx

Visitor Map