Tuesday, January 15, 2008

P.S. I Love You








  • Level of hyperactivity: on a scale from 1-10, I'm about 17

  • Looking forward to: Receiving 'P.S. I Love You' from Play.com, Johan's birthday, possibly buying a new car, seeing my sister for Easter.

  • Number of sinful thoughts of Pepsi Max: 252


Yesterday we went to the cinema. Johan had gotten us free tickets for a sneak preview of 'P.S. I Love You', which I had been über-excited about seeing for a good while. The film is based on the book with the same title, written by Cecilia Ahern. I'm not going to be a spoilsport and give away the story, but I will say as much as it's one of those films which deeply surprised me. Not as in I wasn't expecting that it would be as brilliant as it turned out to be, but to me it was so... life defining.


The film deals with a very big issue that has popped up in my mind and showed it's nasty face quite a lot recently. The fear of losing the one you love. Not to someone else or because he just wants to leave - but to an illness. Suddenly going from having a perfectly 'normal' life with lots of plans for the future, to burying the one you were truly meant to be with for the rest of your life. Having found that very special someone, who matches you and mismatches you in all the right places and then losing him after only having had him for such a short while. I can't begin to imagine anything worse than that.


Having said that the film did something completely different for me. It made me fall in love with my life. I am so thankful for the life I have, for the people who are a part of my life and for the choices I have made for myself. People often say 'Life is so short, live while you have the chance' and even though it's such a cliche, I absolutely feel like that right now. It's true we can't just carelessly rummage around and never think about what we do, but we need to take the time to enjoy what we have - while we have it. Beautiful things last a lifetime, but a lifetime can pass you by before you even realised it had begun. Worrying about money, your love life, the mortgage, your job, how many wrinkles you have and whether or not your boobs are travelling southwards, just becomes so unimportant when thinking about the fact that we only have this one chance at life. I'm not a religious person so to me the whole idea of heaven and hell or life after death is kind of a big blur, but the life I have in front of me right now - that's my heaven, my hell - my one chance. Make no mistakes? Not at all, make as many as it takes for you to make it right. Feel the wind in your hair, cry all the tears that would have been dried up, dance in the rain and tell your loved ones how much you cherish them. Take that extra five minutes every day to just breathe and tell yourself that your life rocks more than your neighbour's. Regret nothing, but if you do make things right again. Don't wait with reconciliations. Swallow your pride for the moment and do what feels right. Love you life, cherish your time and never let go of that which makes you feel complete.


I am in love




No comments:

Visitor Map