Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday, oh friday



  • Currently listening to: Paramore
  • Number of sinful thoughts of chocolate and Pepsi Max: 2376
  • Pieces of chocolate eaten and glasses of Pepsi Max drunk: 0 (yes!)
  • Numbers of kilos lost: 2

On Wednesday our little household grew a little. We bought two goldfish. We ( or I ) decided that they are to be called Moe and Paulie. Mostly because one of them swims around and looks as if he saying 'Moe... Moe.... Moe...' all the time. Might be his way of breathing - but looks more like he's saying 'Moe', so Moe he is. And Paulie just goes naturally with Moe so there. I've absolutely no idea if they're male or female, but who cares? They're fish, it's not like require non-unisex loos.
We can't have feathered or furry pets because Johan is allergic and I refuse to have reptiles because they're depressingly ugly and also kind of gross - well snakes are anyway. But fish was something we could both imagine having. In my opinion they are more decorative than pet-like as such, but they're quite funny actually. We'll buy more once we're sure the aquarium is at it's perfect levels and it's a good environment for the fish. Poor Moe and Paulie are test fish. But they seem to enjoy themselves in their own little fishy ways, so there have been no complaints on their behalf yet.

It's nice that the weekend is here. I've been really lousy at getting to bed at a decent hour the last week and so I feel a bit like I'm deprived of sleep. I'm probably not at all, but I need an excuse for sleeping in really late tomorrow. I guess I don't really need an excuse as such, it should be my right to sleep in on Saturdays. Especially since I need lots of rest to be in good spirits for work. I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone that teaching isn't always the most calm and serene situation to be in for 4-7 hours a day. It's stressful no doubt about it, but it's also quite draining to have to grant full attention to between 22 and 40 pupils every day. I love my job truly and deeply though and wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world. Let's call it my 'calling'. I get to push a bunch of children in a direction, watch them grow as they learn and I get to make a huge impact on their lives. It's awesome - even if very emotionally challenging at times. In about 1½ year I'll be sending them on to new teachers and I'll become 'that teacher we had in 2nd and 3rd grade'. But I'll always remember them. Not just because they were the first class I got after graduating, but because they are inspirational. They were out of control and had been so terribly neglected in most subjects last year and now five months after I met them the first time they're on the right track. Awesome kids. Awesome job. Awesome!

No comments:

Visitor Map