Saturday, October 24, 2009

I feel like a 'shroom


Mushrooms, originally uploaded by DitteBB.

... stuck in the middle, peeking out towards the sunlight.

What a dramatic intro. But I guess it reflects my week spot on. It's been a rough week, but luckily that must mean that next week can only get better. Right? This is an attempt at a more positive outlook and I think it's a darn fine attempt to be honest. The way things are going these days it would be far easier to moan and whine, but I am truly trying to be positive. No sh*t.

Something has dawned on me. I've been very closed about my feelings regarding an issue that affects me greatly; infertility. There are so many women, who go day after day building up resentment towards other women, who obtain what an infertile woman wants the most: a healthy pregnancy. This is true. Resentment is very easily the quickest solution to hurt feelings. But there's another solution: disregard. I wouldn't characterize myself as a cold or careless person, but I would say that in some areas I've become prone to disregard people. It's perfectly simple really - no one cares to have their imperfections rubbed in their faces. If you're overweight you don't want to be treated any differently than others. Same goes for race, sexual orientation and so forth. You know what? Infertile people do not appreciate being treated as such. So pity is the worst way to meet someone who's struggling with infertility. Don't pity me - talk to me. It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Visitor Map