Saturday, February 23, 2008

This is how we'll dance...


This is how we'll dance when,
When they try to take us down
This is how we'll sing it.
This is how we'll stand when
When they burn our houses down.
This is what will be oh glory.

I can't watch the news anymore. When the clock strikes upon the hour I switch off the radio. If I have to listen to one more complaint about Denmark and those goddamn, infamous drawings I will vomit. Last week several schools were burnt down all over Denmark. Last Saturday 185 fires were reported in a country with only 5 million inhabitants. That's a lot of fires. Especially since most of them were purposely started, not by your regular nut job pyromaniac, but by young people - kids - most of them being between the ages of 12-17. And why? Because some idiot made some drawings that were disrespectful and stupid and then decided to reprint them. With what purpose, I wonder? I don't care what his point was or still is, this has gone way beyond being a question of freedom of speech. It's come to the point were it's more about freedom of idiocy. And the people who react to the idiocy are just as bad. I'm sick of it.

Can I have freedom to be Danish? Or will I then go down in history as being one of the bad guys?

No comments:

Visitor Map