Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hello, my name is....


  • Days off work left: 7
  • Plans for week off: None, but I plan to read, paint and relax loads
  • Currently listening to: Paramore 'Riot'
  • Currently reading: 'P.S. I Love You'

I have a week off work. It's not a paid vacation, so before you start thinking how lucky I am, keep in mind that it also means I'll have a full week's pay missing on my next paycheck, which in all honesty doesn't suit the poor thing. It looks pretty famished as things are, but I guess I shouldn't complain. At least I'm off student loans and the likes.

I started my vacation off with a little bit of painting. I painted the little guy (pictured above) in acrylics on Friday and Saturday. Johan was in the cinema with friends on Friday and I spent my evening covered in paint and enjoying myself immensely. I'll see if I can get a bit more painting done during the week. I hardly ever have time for it.

It's been a while since my last blog. I've been really busy both with work, but also with Johan's birthday last weekend. We celebrated him in style with my parents, Johan's family and his grandparents. It was a really nice day and I think he was happy with it. My mum was a huge help to me, as I had planned all sorts of things and in the end I desperately needed extra hands. Mum stepped in and saved the day as always. I truly love my mum. Without her I'd be lost.

We lost one of our fish last week. Poor Moe died Monday night and it was quite sad actually. He'd been acting really odd for hours and would go all limp and just float around, but then suddenly he'd start speeding around the aquarium like all was normal - yet a little more speedy than normal. He was dead Tuesday morning when we got up, so we sent him off to spend eternity somewhere else. We've been treating the rest of the fish for some sort of parasidic decease and they seem to be doing quite well. Hope Moe didn't suffer too much, but it's hard to tell, isn't it? His death made us aware that we had to treat the other fish, so maybe he somehow saved them. Yes... I just gave him a purpose in life. All living (or dead) creatures should be entitled to one, don't you think?

No comments:

Visitor Map