Thursday, April 19, 2007

April 19th 2007

Last night I received a call from a school in Kastrup, just on the other side of Øresund. They wanted to thank me for my application and wanted to invite me to an interview on the 24th of April. My heart could have burst through my chest. I was so excited and extremely happy to hear from them. The school seems awesome and I got a really great gut feeling about the whole thing. So am really excited, but also a bit anxious about the interview. I know that all I have to do is be myself and that they called me in because they get the feeling that I'm right for their school. So I just have to make sure to relax about it and not feel so nervous. I guess the nerves are pretty natural since a lot is on stake here really. This job would mean a lot to me, not only because I am bored of being unemployed, but also because it would mean a lot of great changes for Johan and me. We really desperately want to move out of this shoebox we live in and get a real home where both our things as well as ourselves would actually fit in. I would finally be able to get my little car and we'd be able to just do so much more than we can now. I can start paying back my student loans and we'd be able to go visit Katrine in Wales. Plus there's the whole deal of me moving to Sweden and not losing my rights to free medical care in Denmark, which would sort itself out as I would have full rights to it what with working in Denmark and paying taxes there. So please keep your fingers crossed for me. It means the world to me :)
Just finished getting my sister's birthday present ready to send off to Wales. It's weird to have to do that. Last year at this time she and me were living together in a flat in Århus and now she lives in Wales and I'm in Sweden. It's crazy how much things can change in just one year, but it's amazing how much better a life can become. I love my family and my friends in Århus, but this is where I belong. I have days where I don't really know if I even like it here in Lund, but then I get a little glimpse of the future: Johan and me in a bigger flat, an awesome job and possibly a baby on the way. That's my perfection, nothing can change that. That's my mission, so to speak. Some people want huge careers, lots of money, expensive cars, to travel the world etc. I want my own family. I found my place and purpose and I love it.
Rock and rockers!
D.

3 comments:

La Nere said...

bestest of the bestest lucks D!!!! :D i'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Kezzaroo said...

Keeping fingers crossed for you good luck D xx

Anonymous said...

oii, I was commented to early I see..
so I'll keep my fingers crossed even more ;)

x Y.

Visitor Map