Monday, August 4, 2008

I know I suck, so don't remind me

It's been very long since my last post, I know. I'm also well aware that I suck not having updated, but not much I can do about that now. I guess I just needed a time out or something - a summerbreak from blogging. I'm going to try and slowly get back into writing as it's almost time to go back to work and I can pick up all my old habbits again.

I've had a few good months lately.

I had my birthday, which was awesome. My parents and my aunt and uncle came over a few days before my birthday to celebrate. I got so many awesome gifts this year. Thanks to everyone for the presents. It's very clear to me that the people who give me gifts truly know who I am and what I like. I love that.

Lady Lei visited me and Johan for a weekend, which was also awesome. We had a couple of really great days together where we among other things went to Bakken to meet up with Edel. It was lovely having Lei here.

Marianne and Morten also came for a day to see how we live and just to hang out. Was great fun having them here as well. I love having visitors and being 'the hostess'. It's fun cooking for guests and doing something special.

We went to Denmark for our summerholidays this year. We spent a week in Vejlby Klit with my family, ie mum, dad, K and Al. We stayed in a gorgeous house with a pool, spa and all the goods. The weather was great and we had a really nice week there. We stayed at my parents' house for about a week as well, and it was lovely just to be with them. I guess moving away has made me more of a mum's and dad's girl than I ever was. I don't know, I just tend to miss them a lot. And of course there's Basse, who I can say with 100% certainty everyone would miss if they met him. It's always so empty coming home from a week or two in the company of Basse.

Things will speed up again in a week's time. I start work on Friday, the kids start on Monday. I'm looking forward to it in a way, which might have a lot to do with the fact that I have taken it very easy for the last couple of weeks. I need to be 100% ready for a new schoolyear with lots of new experiences and challenges.

On a more personal level I also start therapy from next week. My dad has been so kind to help me out financially, so I can get my anxiety/panicattacks sorted out. It all escalated just before the holidays started, and I was having multiple attacks most days of the week. I sense that this time out from work and most other things has helped so far. But I need to be able to handle these things in my worklife as well, so I'm getting help. I'm nervous, but looking forward to it.

Updates are hard! I can't really seem to think of all the many things I should be writing here. If I suddenly recall something I've left out, I'll fill you in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya D.
Nice to read an update! I know, sometimes it is hard to write something new. I always have to remind myself to update Imke's website LOL

I still have 9 weeks to go with my pregnancy! I'm looking forward to the time the baby will be born.. This time we don't know if it's a boy or a girl..

x Y.

Leila said...

I had a lovely time being there, thank you again!
Vi får se till att det inte går flertalet år emellan bara. haha

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Visitor Map