Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm never far away from you...

  • Currently hearing: Gene Kelly and Olivia Newton-John 'Whenever you're away from me'
  • Currently reading: am finishing Donald Spoto's biography about Marilyn Monroe
  • Best bit of this week: having Basse here, even if he insists upon waking us at 5am-6am





It's been a while since I wrote a blog. The last week has just been crazy busy. Firstly there's been all the practical stuff concerning us moving in about 20 days. There's been some paperwork naturally since I've had to officially move from Denmark to Sweden and that's not something you just do. There's taxes to deal with among other things, since I own a flat in Århus and because I'll be working in Denmark. And there's a lot of practical stuff to sort out concerning the job as well. So basically we've been ringing, emailing and visiting places for the last week to get it all settled before we're off to Århus tomorrow. On Saturday we're picking K and Aled up at the airport and then in the evening it's party-time. Looking forward to it!

Since Saturday little Basse has been staying with us. My parents came to visit us on their way to Bornholm and left Basse with us for the week. It's been great having him here, but it's very obviously difficult to entertain a dog in a tiny flat. So we've been out a lot, walking for ages, swimming in the lake with him, walking in the forest... lots of things. I think he's really enjoyed it. So much that he's found it necessary to wake us somewhere between 5 and 7 am every morning. Gotta love him though and it's been really lovely getting into a rhythm where we get up early, get something out of the day and then go to bed earlier for a good night's rest. So we're quite happy with Basse for waking us early.

Finally after Johan and me have been together for like almost 2 years our parents met on Saturday. We had been quite nervous that they would have trouble understanding each other and so, but it all just went so perfectly and they got along awesomely. Was such a relief that they had fun together and were all interested in meeting up again soon. Hopefully my parents will be able to come over around the time where we move so they can all get to know each other better. It's nice to know that all the in-laws get along, they will after all be stuck with each other forever now, haha.

Today we're going to Helsingborg to see our flat again. We called the girl who rented it before us and asked if she would come let us in, so we could take some photos and do some measuring. She's a really cool girl and it was no problem for her to do so at all. So I'm really looking forward to seeing the place again, now knowing that it'll be my home.

The next week or so we'll be in Århus, so there probably won't be much blogging there either. In general I will be far more busy and have less time to be online from now on really. But just remember:

Whenever you're away from me

Wherever you go

You're never far away from me

I want you to know

I only have to close my eyes dear

And suddenly I'm where you are

You better never stray

'Cos I'll never be far away

No comments:

Visitor Map