Sunday, July 22, 2007

Holiday - Celebrate!

  • Currently hearing: Mostly DAB radio

  • Funniest moment of the week: Seeing K's face on pictures from a roller coaster in Djurs Sommerland

  • Plan for the following week: Packing, packing and packing


    • Back from Århus, feeling relaxed and excited at the same time, I feel that I should write a blog. Johan and me had an awesome week, starting with a small gathering of a bunch of Katrine's and my friends. It was nice to see everybody and awesome to just enjoy a few drinks and good conversation.

      We had lots of fun during the week, but I think the most entertaining moments were in Djurs Sommerland, an amusement park about 30 minutes from my parents' place. Personally I am a wuss and therefore didn't go up in any of the rides, but my sister, Aled and Johan all enjoyed themselves. The picture above is priceless in my opinion.

      Now that we're back in Lund we have a lot of practical stuff to sort out. We have to start packing, which Johan actually already started this afternoon, while I decided to fall asleep on the sofa. I wasn't the biggest help, but we have about 10 days to pack our stuff and then in principle a whole month after that, only I'll have started work so won't have so much time to help out. So it's best if we just get our stuff packed now and then we won't have to think about it anymore.

      I'm really excited about moving. We've bought new furniture, lots of new things for the flat, I'll be getting all my old stuff over and finally it'll feel like I really belong. I received my social security number the other day and so I now officially belong here legally, but I still need my stuff to make the perfect home. But there's no doubt that the flat will be my perfect home. I feel that every time I walk through the door.. or at least I have all of the TWO times I have been to the flat. But I really think that means something, something important. When you can walk through the door of a flat and regardless of the fact that it is empty of furniture, it just feels like your home, it must be, right? The place is perfect in every sense and we will be so happy there for many years to come. I see Christmas celebrations there with our families, I see at least our first child there... Lots of good things to come for us and I couldn't be happier. I have a couple of weeks vacation left and I am going to celebrate. I'm going to celebrate that my life is beautiful, because I work hard for it. I have the best friends, the best family and the most amazing fiance. Now that's worth celebrating!

      No comments:

      Visitor Map