Sunday, June 24, 2007

The one about sex appeal...

  • Currently hearing: 30 Seconds to Mars 'A Beautiful Lie' (no I'm not tired of it yet)
  • Biggest annoyance: Constantly having to listen to criticism of my country and people
  • Looking forward to: Basse arriving in about two weeks. Oh and my parents arriving as well. Haha.

D asks:
Which of the following actresses has the most sex appeal in your opinion?
Angelina Jolie
Keira Knightly
Natalie Portman
Marilyn Monroe








Watching one of those 'Top people of Hollywood and their weddings, weirdness and totally unrealistic wants and goals'-programmes it struck me how many women I find myself saying 'Wow, she's not looking her best, is she?' Naturally I write most of that attitude off as me just being a jealous, pudgy being, but to me it really seems as if sex appeal has stepped into a totally different dimension. In general it seems as if the more artificial and plastic a person looks, the more appealing they become in the media. And the less clothes they wear, the higher the appeal. What we have earlier found artistically beautiful, such as the human body in the nude, has turned into a status symbol. The harder the buttock the more appeal. And it's really a shame that we are so focused all the time on becoming alike. I've been involved in several discussions concerning whether or not I'd want to be like the people we see in the magazines and on billboards. I often wonder if the people who start these discussions have any idea how the people in magazines and on billboards look before Mr Retouch comes along.



Whatever happened to natural beauty? Can we safely conclude that it's hit the road and probably won't be back sometime soon? I love Dove for doing this campaign though, it's been very refreshing for someone, who doesn't have the service of Mr Retouch at hand every time she's set to leave the house. If sex appeal is all about covering up yourself and the features your parents' genes mixed for you, then I don't think I want any.

And according to a Blogthings quiz I am:


You Are 55% Sexy

Your Sex Appeal Is: High

You're quite sexy, and you're probably at least partially aware of your powers.
Don't let your self doubt ever get the best of you. You're even more attractive than you know.


Have a go yourself and see how you do. We all just might be a whole lot more attractive than we give ourselves credit for. Or not... in the end I guess, it's all still in the eye of the beholder. And thank f*** for that.

No comments:

Visitor Map