Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Wednesday November 29th 2006

Today I started looking for a job. And not just scoping the market, but actually sat down and looked through the available jobs and decided on a few to apply for. The Danish schoolsystem can be a little unfair at times. Teachers can actually be hired to teach subjects they don't have any educational background in. Luckily I found a couple of jobs that suit both me and my qualifications. Now I just need to sit down and actually do the applications. So now the real fun begins: Let's sell ourselves! The thought of it alone makes me shudder. I'll treat it like a bandaid and get it over with in a hurry and make sure to highlight all my positive qualities and the really good things I have accomplished over the last 6 years. My international exam, my teaching experience, my work with children, my graduated course in working with children with special needs and then of course the fact that I love teaching. I have a brilliant letter of recommendation from my last practise period, which I'm not allowed to include in my jobapplication unfortunately, but I will quote it that's for sure.
Hopefully in the end I will have a job next year. A job that will buy me a new car, get Johan and me a bigger flat/small house and just generally make life a whole lot easier. I love growing up, it's a beautiful time. And I love the fact that now my life is really taking off. It's all a little uncertain, a little difficult to know what it'll all look like in a year. But let's see how this application-business goes, who knows I might be a fullfledged teacher before we know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hellooo D!
Nice to see you started a blog!
I'll keep following your blog from now on ;)
I wish you all the luch for searching a new job!

*big hugs* Yvon..
And a little kiss from Imke :)

Visitor Map